The Baddour Center is a community for adults with intellectual disabilities, located in rural Senatobia, MS, just 45 minutes south of Memphis. Since 1978, the Baddour Center has provided specialized programs and services that promote maximum growth intellectually, physically, socially, spiritually, emotionally and vocationally.
The problem was that outside of the Memphis area, The Baddour Center had no awareness among families with intellectually disabled family members. Freebairn & Co. was asked to conduct a brand assessment of the community and to recommend ways to help the Center grow.
Freebairn & Co. identified 3 areas where we could help The Baddour Center:
- Generate awareness for the center among parents with intellectually disabled children – minors, as well as adult children;
- Generate business clients for the Center, enabling the residents to have meaningful fulfillment work to do for companies;
- Generate awareness in the development area, increasing grants and donations to the Center.
The initial part of the process was to conduct a QuestionMarketing® assessment of The Baddour Center. We began by interviewing staff, residents, consultants, parents, special education teachers, foundation grant makers and board members. We reviewed the Center’s present collateral materials, website, PR and communications activities. Then, we presented our recommendations which included:
- Revision of their logo and colors to present a more professional appearance
- Revision of their website and inclusion of an SEM/SEO process to enable parents/families/referring professionals to find the website
- Migration of the collateral materials to a more professional look and feel. This was started by hiring a professional photographer to conduct a 3-day photo shoot to get quality, emotional images of the residents and staff during normal daily activities.
- Highly targeted media plan to generate awareness of the Center among parents, referring professionals and potential donors, targeted within 350 miles of Senatobia.
As The Baddour Center is a privately-held organization, they do not release specific numbers, but website traffic increased significantly, as the website was finally able to be found in a Google search. Awareness increased, and the Center even had to create a waiting list for residents wanting to be a part of the community. Donations increased, as well, with major donations increasing by their largest percentage ever.